NITDA has been mandated by the National Information Technology Development Act (2007) to establish Standards, Guidelines and frameworks for the development, standardization, and regulation of Information Technology practices in Nigeria.
The Agency’s role, therefore, is to develop Information technology in Nigeria through the use of regulatory instruments. As a regulatory Agency, NITDA is the clearinghouse for all Government Information Technology projects and infrastructural development in the country.
The instruments are designed to achieve the Information Technology policy objectives by providing frameworks within which to implement policies.
NITDA has published several instruments and monitors their compliance for the development of information technology in Nigeria. The instruments serve as a minimum benchmark in the development and implementation of information technology in Nigeria and enforceable by law.
The instruments are being reviewed frequently due to the dynamic nature of the IT environment and technology innovations.
- NDPR Implementation Framework [ Download ]
- Guidelines for The Management of Personal Data By Public Institutions In Nigeria, 2020 [ Download ]
- Guidelines for Nigerian Content Development in Information and Communication Technology (ICT) [ Download ]
- Framework and Guidelines for Public Internet Acces [ Download ]
- Guidelines for Clearance of Information Technology (IT) Project by Public Institutions [ Download ]
- Guidelines for Registration of ICT Service Providers/Contractors for Delivery of It Services to MDAs [ Download ]
- Nigeria e-Government Interoperability Framework (Ne-GIF) [ Download ]
- Framework and Guidelines for Information and Communication Technology (ICT) Adoption in Tertiary Institutions [ Download ]
- Framework and Guidelines for the Use of Social Media Platforms in Public Institutions [ Download ]
- Nigerian Government Enterprise Architecture [ Download ]
- National Blockchain Policy [ Download ]
- National Policy on Fifth Generation (5G) Network for Nigeria's Digital Economy [ Download ]
- National Digital Economy Policy and Strategy (2020 - 2030) For A Digital Nigeria [ Download ]
- Nigeria Cloud Computing Policy [ Download ]
- National ICT Policy [ Download ]
- .gov.ng & .mil.ng Domain Management Policy [ Download ]
- National Policy on VSAT Installation Core Skills for Nigerians [ Download ]
- Revised National Digital Identity Policy on Sim [ Download ]
- National Policy for the Promotion of Indigenous Content [ Download ]
- Code of Practice for Interactive Computer Service Platforms/ Internet Intermediaries [ Download ]
- Standards and Guidelines for Government Websites V3 [ Download ]
- Standards for Data Interoperability [ Download ]
- Nigeria Data Protection Regulation 2019 [ Download ]
- National Outsourcing Strategy for Nigeria 2020 [ Download ]
- Nigeria ICT Innovation and Entrepreneurship Vision (NIIEV) [ Download ]
- The Rule Making Process Regulation of NITDA 2017 [ Download ]
- NITDA Public Key Infrastructure Regulations [ Download ]