Certification & licensing of OEMs
The National Information Technology Development Agency (NITDA), as the regulatore of the Nigerian IT sector, is empowered by section 6 of its enabling Act to regulate all Information Technology Matters within the country.
Critical to its regulatory mandate is its power to exercise supervisory control and checks over all IT service providers and producers of IT products within the country. This is to ensure and ascertain their veracity, financial capability, infrastructural support, technical capacity, production capacity as well as the competence of available man power within registered IT companies.
To achieve the above, it has become necessary to register and certify all existing IT companies, as well as license all IT products produced within the country. Currently, the Agency is focused on;
- Registering all IT Service Providers and Consultants within the country; and
- Certifying all IT Original Equipment Manufacturers.
The above is aimed at ensuring that the Agency has a comprehensive database of the above identified categories, as well as assess existing local IT capacity for the purpose of promoting IT local products and services in line with Executive Order 003.
Download registration form here
Procedures for Registration
- Submit a formal application for License along with the product(s) for testing to the Agency with a cover letter addressed to the Director General/CEO.
- The product will be subjected to internal testing in line with the Standards and test criteria.
- The outcome of test data and the application will be evaluated.
- If outcome of the evaluation does not meet the minimum standard of the scheme, further review will be conducted and formal report along with advice on how to meet the specifications will be issued to the applicant.
- If outcome of the evaluation meets the minimum standard of the scheme, a monitoring and surveillance (M&S) team will carry out site inspection.
- If outcome of the inspection does not meet the minimum standard, the applicant will be advised accordingly and further inspection will be conducted afterwards.
- If the inspection meets the minimum standard, final report along with recommendations is considered for approval.
- If approved, the Agency will issue the applicant a “Provisional License”, along with certification and renewal conditions.
- The approved product(s) will be listed in the Systems Software Database.
Contact us through this phone number: 0818 786 9972