Certification & licensing of OEMs
The National Information Technology Development Agency (NITDA), as the regulator of the Nigerian IT sector, is empowered by section 6 of its enabling Act to regulate all Information Technology Matters within the country.
Critical to its regulatory mandate is its power to exercise supervisory control and checks over all IT service providers and producers of IT products within the country. This is to ensure and ascertain their veracity, financial capability, infrastructural support, technical capacity, production capacity as well as the competence of available man power within registered IT companies.
To achieve the above, it has become necessary to register and certify all existing IT companies, as well as license all IT products produced within the country. Currently, the Agency is focused on;
- Registering all IT Service Providers and Consultants within the country; and
- Certifying all IT Original Equipment Manufacturers.
The above is aimed at ensuring that the Agency has a comprehensive database of the above identified categories, as well as assess existing local IT capacity for the purpose of promoting IT local products and services in line with Executive Order 003.
Download registration form here
ORIGINAL EQUIPMENT MANUFACTURER (OEM) CERTIFICATION/LICENSING PROCESSES
The following process and conditions are hereby issued for the Certification of Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEMs) licensed to design, develop, manufacture, assemble, and sell devices in Nigeria:
Processes for Certification/Licensing of New OEMs
- Download relevant forms from www.nitda.gov.ng/application;
- Submission of Application Letter addressed to the Director General/CEO of NITDA to be accompanied by completed “Application for Certification as OEM” forms, with required documents as stipulated in the forms;
- Submission of two (2) Sample models of each product to be sold in Nigeria together with accompanying “Type Approval” forms for every model to be registered;
- Each product model submitted shall be subjected to testing in line with the requirement and test criteria as indicated in forms;
- Applicants are required to pay the sum of five hundred thousand Naira only (N500, 000) in bank draft for certification; Read more
Contact us through this number: 0818 786 9972