Vincent O. Olatunji (Ph.D) is from Ikole Ekiti, Ekiti State. He holds a PhD in Geography and Planning from the University of Lagos and an Advance Diploma in Computer Science. He joined the services of NITDA in May, 2002 where he rose to the position of Director, Corporate Strategy and Research. He served in acting capacity as the Director General from January to September 2016. He has worked for over 25 years in the Nigerian Public Service thereby rising to become a seasoned professional with practical experience and thorough understanding of government operations in Nigeria.
He has spearheaded and successfully delivered a considerable number of vital activities such as formulating strategic goals and plans for achieving NITDA’s mandate such activities include initiation and supervision of research initiatives; supervision of the development of ICT policy for states and effectively represented the Agency in major ICT for within and outside the country.
He has demonstrated good ability in building result oriented relationship among stakeholders in the Information Technology industry in Nigeria and globally. Highly experienced in Team Building, Research activities, Policy/Strategic Planning, Project Planning/Management and Organization of Conferences/ Workshops targeted towards sustainable development initiatives at the three tiers of Government in Nigeria.
He has served in many positions at various times which include the following amongst others:
- Member, ECOWAS ICT Taskforce (2003 to 12);
- Secretary, National Committee on World Summit on Information Society (2003-2005);
- Secretary, National Committee on the development of Nigerian ICT4D Plan;
- Secretary National Software Policy Committee (2012);
- Member, National ICT Policy Committee (2012);
- Member, National Broadband Roadmap Committee (2012);
- Member, Governing Board, Incubation Development Entrepreneurship Accelerator (iDEA)
- Member, National Open Data Initiative Committee
He has attended various Training Programmes, Conferences and also presented papers at various fore and effectively represented NITDA in several capacities. He was before his appointment, the Director, Corporate Strategy and Research of NITDA.