Mr Okeke Christopher holds a Bachelors and Masters degree both from the University of Lagos Akoka, He also belong to several professional associations such as Computer Professionals Council of Nigeria(CPN), National Computer Society (NCS), National Association of Information Technology Enable Outsourcing Companies (NAITEOC) and others.
He is presently Director Cyber Security department and prior to his resumption in the Agency, Mr Okeke has a distinguished career in Information Technology and its services both in the public and private sector. He was the Deputy Director in charge of Computer services in Raw Material Research Development Council(RMRDC) where he successfully coordinated the implementation and deployment of Wide Area Network for the eight research Institutes and thirty six liaison offices across the Federation. He also has to his credit the coordination, development and deployment of Raw Material Information System. As an attestation to his professional competence, He was deployed to serves as the Manager of Presidential Information Network (the first government network that provides internet and intranet access to the villa and cabinet office). His experiences was also brought to bear in his ability to successfully coordinated the integrated database and the deployment of VSAT solutions across nine states as the Management Information System Specialist in a world bank assisted programme, the Local Empowerment and Environmental Management Programme (LEEMP). Mr Okeke also coordinated the deployment of data management and monitoring applications for the programme. He quintessential leadership attribute have been demonstrated in his ability to lead the team of Engineers and system analyst to manage the deployment of IT solutions during CHOGM 2003 and AU Summit 2005.
Since he assumed office in NITDA, Mr Okeke has been pivotal to several strategic initiates aimed at transforming the IT industry and achieving the vision of the agency. His principle of coordination, collaboration and networking as a strategy for achieving organisational goal have been brought to bear in his ability to successfully steer the first NITDA/GIS partnership for the training and empowerment of graduate interns on IT entrepreneurial skills and software capacity building. He also superintended the empowerment of certain categories of armed forces with IT security skill under the CERT.ng programme. Under his leadership, the Information security has boost through his coordination for the deployment of first National Root Certification Authority in Nigeria (The Public Key Infrastructure). Also under his purview, the outsourcing industry is thought still in its embryonic stage is beginning to gain the necessary prominence. He saw to it that the Professional organization of Outsourcing in Nigeria NAITEOC which he is also a board member was registered and organized several capacity building to create awareness about the growing industry as alternative means of job creation. He believes that Information Technology is the engine for sustainable economic transformation. Born in 1964 at okpogwu, Enugu State, Mr Okeke is happily married and blessed with four children.
His professional achievements include the following:
- Successfully managed the first Presidential Information Network that provides internet and intranet services to for the presidency and its cabinet offices which gave birth to establishment of NITDA.
- Successfully coordinated the development, deployment and management of Raw Material Information System.
- Effectively managed and coordinated the deployment of various IT solutions for CHOGM and AU midterm assembly.
- As an MIS specialist of the world bank assisted project, successfully managed and coordinated the deployment of integrated database for the 9 participating states of the project.
- Successfully initiated and coordinated the first NITDA/GIS youth entrepreneurial skill development programme to stimulate create energy among the graduate youth and to empower them with entrepreneurial skills to become job creators, over 90 of the graduate are already undergoing their internship.
- Coordinated the implementation of NITDA Public Key Infrastructure which is geared towards promotion of digital economy and secured ecommerce eco system.
- Successfully coordinated the deployment and implementation of NITDA ERP solution as a platform for integrating the Agency’s operations to enhance transparency and accounability.
- Managed the Cyber security awareness creation programme and capacity building among the Armed forces and the MDAs.
- Lead the Agency to first talent hunt programme through coding awareness programme among the secondary school students.
- Successfully coordinated the outsourcing business initiated through capacity development on online outsourcing for job creation.
- Mid-wived the registration of the first professional association of the outsourcing industry in Nigeria.
- Elevated the response capability of CERT through collaboration and networking with the industry and other CERT.
Initiated job creation programme through software development and skill acquisition among target youth groups.