Corporate Affairs and External Relations
- Disseminate information to the media on the activities of the Agency as they occur to ensure transparency and accountability.
- Co-ordinate, collate and document the Agency’s activities to conform to set standards and reflect organisational goals.
- Ensure that media relations are favorable, productive and sustained at all times.
- Maintain a functional, intra-departmental communication system whereby information is effectively communicated in a uniform manner.
- Develop and deploy systems, structures and procedures of internal and external information control.
- Analyse trends, predict consequences, counsel organization’s leaders and implement programmes as planned.
- Issue press releases and circulars on NITDA IT initiatives
- Partner with Regulatory Agencies along with external industry associations to develop proactive positions and messages on key public policy issues and communicate same to the news media and other critical audiences;
- Assist top management in strategic information/communication planning and leadership issues, including providing statistical analysis and management reports to facilitate decision making.
- Assist in strategy development and implementation of employee communication plans in support of NITDA Mandate, Goals & Objectives.
- Promote and project the image and services of NITDA
- Monitor relevant information management relating to NITDA and IT industry.
- Advice the Agency on the creation, maintenance and determination of relationships entered in to by the Agency in its corporate capacity; with staff, contractors, government agencies or private sector bodies by way of Agreements and Memoranda of Understanding.
- Advice the Agency in the area of compliance with internal and external laws and regulations as regards the activities of the Agency.
- Collaborate with the Standards, Guidelines and Regulations Department by making inputs into the core functions of the Agency, which is the creation, and enforcement of Standards, Guidelines and Regulations.
- Advice the Agency on the implementation of the legal aspects of the Information Technology Policy and the NITDA Act 2007.
- Provide Draft Legislation in the areas of Information Technology in order to create and enable the environment in Nigeria for development of Information Technology.
- Serve as the Secretariat to the Governing Board of the Agency.
- Provide any other legal and advisory services that may be required by the Agency.
- Provide reliable financial information that will promote operational efficiency and effectiveness.
- Safeguard assets and records.
- Encourage adherence to prescribed policies.
- Comply with regulatory instruments such as Financial Regulations, Audit Act 1958, Financial Warrants, Circulars, NITDA Act 2007 and others daily.
- Examine financial transactions.
- View financial compliance with the legal guide to government operations.
- Monitoring of management roles and their limits to financial authority.
- Monitor and ensure the effectiveness of internal control system.
- Submit the audit report to the Director-General and Office of the Accountant General of the Federation.
- Advice the Director-General as at when due on financial matters and others.
- Develop procurement plan driven by objective and transparent needs assessment.
- Ensure transparent pre-qualification.
- Co-ordinate bid submission, opening and evaluation (Technical and Financial) transparently.
- Co-ordinate the Procurement Planning Committee and Tenders Board Meetings.
- Ensure proper execution of projects and effective monitoring.
- Advertise and solicit for bids in compliance with guidelines issued by the bureau.
- Receive and maintain appropriate documentation for bids received, examine bids received, obtain a “Certificate of ‘No objection’ to contractor Award” from the Bureau of Public Procurement, and make submissions to the entity’s Tender’s Board.
- Debrief the bid losers on request.
- Resolve complaints and disputes, if any.
- Obtain and confirm the validity of any performance guarantee.
- Announce and publicize contract Awards.
- Execute all Contract Agreement.
- Operate as an autonomous outfit with functional linkage with the office of the Chief Executive.
- Report directly to the Independent Corrupt Practices Commission and not to the Unit in the supervising ministry.
- Report all cases objectively to the Independent Corrupt Practices Commission with copies sent to the Minister or Permanent Secretary involved.
- Develop a code of ethic for staff of the Agency and ensure strict compliance and sanction for breach, without prejudice to extant regulation particularly public service rules and financial regulations.
Budget Development and Monitoring
- Collate and review inputs for the Agency’s annual budget from all Units and Departments;
- Ensure that the line items in the budget are designed to meet the targets and Agency’s objectives;
- Interact with all units and Departments in streamlining and allocating financial resources for their functions;
- Preparation and presentation of Final Annual Budget to Management for approval;
- Quarterly monitoring of budget implementation by the various Units and Departments of the Agency;
- Serve as liaison between the Finance Management and Control Department and the rest of the Agency in budget matters only; and
- Perform any other duty/duties as may be assigned to it by the Director-General
Freedom of Information
- Proffer advice to Executive Management, Board and Staff on the understanding of the Legal and compliance requirements of the Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) 2011 with a culture of strict adherence.
- Proffer advice and articulate guidelines on how best to operate the FOI Unit to facilitate the understanding of the processes and procedures in all facets of the Agency’s business as they relate to the provisions of the FOI Act 2011.
- Ensure that the Agency’s website and other printed materials comply with the requirement of proactive disclosure as stipulated under Section 3 of the Act and undertake periodic review of the Agency’s website in this regard.
- Liaison with the Legal Unit of the Agency, ICT Unit and other Departments/Units of the where and when necessary in order to achieve the objectives and goals of the Unit and the Agency in general as they relate to compliance with the provisions of the FOI Act.
- Liaison with the Federal Ministry of Justice in respect of compliance with the provisions of the FOI Act, particularly Section 29 (1) with respect to the submission of an Annual Report in the prescribed Format (Microsoft excel format and submitted electronically), to the Honourable Attorney General of the Federation on or before February 1st each year.
- Provide from time to time, other Legal Advisory Services in respect of compliance with the provisions of the FOI Act, which may be required by the Board, the Director General and or Executive Management/Staff of the Agency.
- Training and sensitization of Staff of the Agency on the provisions of the Act.
- Undertake any other tasks, assignments and duties as may be directed by the Board, the Director General and or Executive Management.