Standards & Guidelines
The Agency’s role, therefore, is to develop Information technology in Nigeria through regulatory Standards and Guidelines. As a regulatory Agency, NITDA is the clearinghouse for all Government Information Technology projects and infrastructural development in the country.
NITDA has approved several Standards and Guidelines and monitors their compliance for the development of information technology in Nigeria. The regulatory Standards and Guidelines serve as a minimum benchmark in the development and implementation of information technology in Nigeria and enforceable by law.
The regulatory Standards and Guidelines are designed to achieve the Information Technology policy objectives by providing frameworks within which to implement policies. The Standards and Guidelines are being reviewed frequently due to the dynamic nature of the IT environment and technology innovations.
NITDA has developed many standards and guidelines with regards to its functions to regulate the development of IT.
Some of the Standards and Guidelines currently being reviewed include,
Data protection: This guideline was developed for citizens privacy and protection of Personal Data and the challenges of leaving Personal Data unregulated……click here to download Frequently Asked Questions
Government website: It was developed for the management of Government Websites thereby improving the quality, reliability, accuracy and accessibility of online information pertaining to Government Institutions.
IT project Clearance for MDAS’: This is to ensure a coordinated, standardized and Cost-effective deployment of Information Technology for the overall benefit of the nation.
- National Outsourcing Strategy for Nigeria
- Guidelines for The Management of Personal Data By Public Institutions In Nigeria, 2020
- Guidelines for Nigerian Content Development in Information and Communication Technology (ICT)
- Nigeria e-Government Interoperability Framework (Ne-GIF)
- Nigeria Cloud Computing Policy
- Framework and Guidelines for Information and Communication Technology (ICT) Adoption in Tertiary Institutions
- Nigeria ICT Innovation and Entrepreneurship Vision (NIIEV)
- Framework and Guidelines for Public Internet Access (PIA) 2019
- Framework and Guidelines for the Use of Social Media Platforms in Public Institutions
- Guidelines for Clearance of Information Technology (IT) Project by Public Institutions
- Nigeria Data Protection Regulation 2019
- The Rule Making Process Regulation of NITDA 2017