This department was set up in order to propose and create Guidelines and Regulations of IT standards for effective governance.
- Develop framework for IT governance (monitoring, evaluation, coordination and regulation of the IT industry).
- Initiate the process of determining and developing standards for Information Technology in Nigeria (including e – government and the process for domesticating global standards).
- Develop all guidelines for IT services and practices.
- Develop Regulatory Policies and Regulations governing IT practice in Nigeria.
- Process accreditations and licensing of service providers.
- Undertake IT products type-approvals and certifications (including the issuance of holograms for certified products).
- Monitor implementation of Regulatory Policies, Guidelines and Standards on a quarterly basis.
- Draft compliance framework for set Standards, Guidelines and Regulations.