Standard Guidelines and Frameworks Department
In line with the implementation of NITDA’s mandate to create and develop standards Guidelines and Frameworks for the purpose of effective governance of Information Technology in Nigeria, the Standards Guidelines and Frameworks department was Created and Saddled with the responsibility of effective service delivery in carrying out its functions.
The department was created for the purpose of initiating, developing and reviewing of Information Technology Standards, Guidelines and Frameworks for effective governance. It also has a mandate to improve standards of Information Technology products and services by creating awareness and providing a protective platform for consumers of IT products and services in Nigeria.
The Standards Guidelines and Frameworks Department is Structured into four Units; namely:
- Standards and Guidelines
- Consumer Protection
- Dispute Management and resolution
- Frameworks Development
The functions of the department cuts across the following:
- To complete within one year of initiation all approved frameworks and revision of the IT governance;
- Initiate the process and work with other relevant Departments/Units to determine and develop standard for information Technology in Nigeria;
- Develop guidelines along with other relevant department for IT service and practice yearly ;
- Draft compliance framework for set standard, guidelines and regulation;
- Mediate between consumer and IT service provider’s;
- Implementation and management of NITDA consumer helpdesk centre;
- Create a consumer protection platform where dissatisfied consumer can lodge complaints;
- Create awareness on consumer right of information on IT products and services;
- Development and implementation of IT Dispute management and resolution policy; and
- Improve on standard of IT process through annual consumer protection forum with ICT stakeholders to complete within one year of initiation all approved framework and revisions of the same for IT governance (monitoring ,evaluation and coordination).