- Ensure transparency in sourcing for revenue, disbursement and accounting for public funds with which government executes its programs.
- Be responsible for all matters relating to finance and management control functions of the Agency.
- Advice the Chief Accounting Officer on major finance in-flows and expenditure(s) as per warrant, mandates and expenditure authorizations.
- Be responsible for the safe keep of all security documents, payment instruments and inventory accounting.
- Pay-roll and payment of Salaries/Allowances.
- Ensure appropriate expenditure controls in conformity to vote book balance.
- Process and pay of all approved expenses in conformity with AIEs/Warrants and Mandates.
- Render monthly accounting returns of revenue (if any) and expenditure including transcript to Office of the Accountant General of the Federation (OAGF).
- Reconciliation of all the Agency’s Accounts.
- Prepare yearly Budget.
- Remit revenue generated (VAT, WHT, PAYE) and other miscellaneous to FIRS and the Sub Treasury of the Federation monthly.