- To ensure coordination and implementation of National e-Government Masterplan;
- To develop and drive strategies that will encourage and improve the adoption of the use of Information Technology (IT) in government service delivery;
- To coordinate the Government’s adoption of IT tools in service delivery;
- To develop and monitor the uptake of minimum Standards and Guidelines for e-Government in Nigeria;
- To develop e-Government Capacity among MDAs;
- To collaborate with MDAs in developing tailor made plans and strategies for e-government in Nigeria;
- To license vendors that intend to collaborate with MDAs in the delivery of e-Government services; and
- To monitor and ensure the implementation of Standards for Government websites and handle matters relating to the .gov.ng domain.