As part of its goals to ensure the effective penetration of technology in the Nigerian society, the Agency in 2013 sought to upgrade its virtual library and establish same in some of the Nations Tertiary Institutions. To this end, a project aimed at providing a variety of information resources for students, lecturers and researchers as well as enabling remote access to all registered NITDA virtual Library users was initiated. The project involved an upgrade of the existing Virtual Library at NITDA’s head office, renewal of previous subscriptions and the provision of other reference materials not hitherto available to researchers in the NITDA Virtual library
- To give students, lecturers and researchers access to variety of information resources.
- To increase the provision of a wide variety of resources through further database subscriptions e.g. IEEE (Institute of Electrical and Electronic Engineers), ACM (Association for Computing Machinery) EBSCOHOST (EBSCO Information Services), etc.
- To develop accessed link to the Virtual Library Portal through the NITDA website.
- Digitization of all NITDA publications and reports and upload to NITDA Virtual Server.
- The library has so far recorded over 200 regular users with access to a variety of online resource plus, remote accessibility to these resources.
- Establishment of fully functional virtual libraries at Federal University Oye Ekiti, Nasarawa State University Keffi, Kogi State Polytechnic and Abomina Community Town Akwu Local Government, Rivers State
- An upgraded NITDA Virtual Library accessible via the NITDA website with digitized NITDA publications and reports.