This department was set up in order to propose and create Guidelines and Frameworks of IT standards for effective governance.
- All developed framework for IT governance (monitoring, evaluation, coordination and regulation of the IT industry) should be completed within one year of initiation.
- Initiate the process of determining and developing standards for Information Technology in Nigeria (including e – government and the process for domesticating global standards).
- Develop guidelines for IT services and practices yearly.
- Develop regulatory policies and regulations governing IT practice in Nigeria
- Process accreditations and licensing of service providers within one month of receipt of application.
- Undertake IT products type-approvals and certifications (including the issuance of holograms for certified products).
- Registration and authentication (such as authentication of Nigerian website, etc.).
- Monitor implementation of regulatory policies, guidelines and standards on a quarterly basis.
- Draft compliance framework for set standards, guidelines and regulations.